Starting slow and finding the correct intensity during both resistance and aerobic-based exercise, to ensure your oxygen saturation levels remain stable is key. Exercise physiologists will work with you to establish this safe baseline and track your intensity throughout sessions to ensure that you feel comfortable, as well as working towards gradual progressions.
How can exercise help?
Regular exercise will help to:
- Reduce symptoms and breathlessness
- Improve quality of life
- Maintain aerobic fitness and muscle strength
- Improve your ability to complete activities of daily living
- Clear mucus from your chest
- Reduce the need for hospital admission
- Improve mental health