How can exercise help?
Getting regular exercise when you have heart issues is important for ongoing management and maintenance of quality of life, as well as prevention of further heart issues.
- Strengthen your heart (cardiac) muscle
- Assist in blood pressure and cholesterol level management
- Allow you to be more active without chest pain or associated symptoms
- Maintain normal heart rhythm
- Prevent blood clotting
- Improve blood flow around the body
- Assist with diabetes management by aiding control of blood sugar levels